School Summer Term ends on Tuesday 15th June
Montessori Summer Term ends on Tuesday 21st June
Unbelievably, another school year has come to an end! We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your continued support. The children have had a great year and made tremendous progress. This is only made possible with the support that the children get at home with homework! So well done to you all!
Well done to all the children who have worked so hard all year. I hope that all parents have been in to discuss their child’s progress with the class teacher. If not, it is not too late to do so!
The school trips this term were very successful!
- First Class and Senior Infants really enjoyed our trip to Fort Lucan. The boys showed great enthusiasm on the water slides! The weather was amazing!
- Montessori and Junior Infants really enjoyed their visits to Luky’s Farm. We would like to thank her for the wonderful day she organized. They really enjoyed learning about farming life and meeting the Edmonstown Animals!
- Junior and Senior Infants enjoyed their day in Shanganagh Park and their walk down to the beach on Monday. Thank you to those parents who helped out by giving lifts and helping to change the many wet children
- First Class really enjoyed our traditional hike from Kilmashogue to Ticknock yesterday. We all got back in one piece but with a few scratches along the way!
- Junior Infants, Senior Infants and First Class are all going to the Mill theatre today to see Fantastic Mr. Fox.
We took advantage of the great weather and held Sport’s Day last week. A great time was had by all despite a few disappointments!
Our budding musicians have made great progress throughout the year. They had a most enjoyable recital on Monday.
Liz’s drama classes were a highlight of the children’s week. They always look forward with enthusiasm to Fridays! Liz says that she is amazed at how creative and competent the children are at showcasing their ideas. Well done to all the Feis prizewinners.
We would like to thank those who contributed to the annual Trócaire Box appeal!
We are looking forward to our end of year celebration on Friday. Not only are we celebrating a wonderful year but we are also celebrating Ardtona’s 75th year! To mark the occasion we are having a garden party for the whole school and have organized a Mega Run obstacle course!
Friday marks another very important day in the history of Ardtona House School. Margot O’Connor is retiring after over 40 years of service to the school. Roughly calculating this means about 800 children have benefited from Margots enthusiasm, wisdom, dedication and love of teaching.
She will be greatly missed by all the children and staff.
We wish her the very best as she embarks on her next adventure.
School will be closing early on Friday 15th in order to facilitate the First Class Play and Graduation Ceremony! We are looking forward to their production of Alex in Wonderland which they will perform for their parents at 2pm!!
Montessori classes finish at the usual time, but the children may be collected early if you have an older child in school! We are looking forward to another week of fun in Montessori.
We would like to wish the children who are leaving us this year all the very best in the future and hope that they will be very happy in their new schools. We look forward to hearing all about their progress and hope they will visit us in the coming years.
We would like to wish you all a safe and happy summer holiday! We look forward to seeing you at the end of August.